Be inspired by art from cave paintings all the way to current contemporary works and everything in between. Try out a new medium each month with others leveling from beginner to experienced. Contemplate the art principles and elements with specific buzz words of the month.
In this class, you will be introduced to a verity of styles, mediums, and ways to approach art.each month, the time period, medium, and buzz words change to provide new inspiration for both beginners and experienced artists alike.
February Mosaic Supplies Needed for the Chinese, Japanese and Medieval periods:
You want a type of paper that can be glued down easily, so the more plastic and slick the harder it will be to handle. Shredders are great for fast material creation, but if you want something more personal, uniquely designed hole punchers can make a bigger punch with much more prep work.
- Any brand of colored or construction paper
- Plastic baggies, for paper storage
- Glue stick
- #2 pencils
- bristle paper
- any photo reference desired
- OPTIONAL: small cut paper confetti, plastic doesn’t work as well
- OPTIONAL: Shaped hole puncher (parent’s discression, ages 12+)
- OPTIONAL: Craft shape scissors (parent’s discression, ages 12+)
We will provide a Paper Shredder- to be used by children with their parent's assistance.